Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Hugging my baby a little closer tonight


On April 10th a fellow friend lost her baby in a tragic accident. He was a little younger than Ty and I am just heartsick for this mom! She is such a great mom and is so strong and has great faith.

From her message: On Thursday I put the kids to sleep for their nap in the afternoon. When I went to check on them a couple hours later, I found Keelan at the foot of Ellie’s bed pinned against the very small space between her mattress and the bars. He suffocated. I could tell the moment I saw him that he was gone, but I of course panicked and screamed and called 911. The fire department and paramedics worked on him for quite some time but there was nothing they could do. It has been the hardest 4 days of my entire life. Unexplainable pain, and yet joy knowing I’ll see my little boy again.

As a plea to all of you parents, if your child happens to have a twin bed with any spaces either against the headboards or foot boards or even against the wall, fix them immediately. Put blankets or pillows in it or get rid of the bed completely. I wish I had known and hopefully that plea will save another child’s life.


I am loving on Bubba a little more tonight and have been a little more tolerant of his sad times and cherishing his wonderful personality a little more.

Keelan and Megaroo you are in our Thoughts and prayers today, tomorrow and in the weeks to come.

2 comments:

Grandma Labrum said...

I am so sorry this happened to your friend. What a sad loss. Are they friends in the neighborhood, ward, work? How sad and difficult. Give Tyler an extra hug for me.

Jen said...

This is so incredibly sad! I'm crying right now. My heart goes out to your friend and I'm going in to check on my sweet babies right now.