Saturday, March 15, 2008

A new book!




I "ordered" a book through the Emily Anderson Center here in Phoenix. I wanted to attend a conference on this book. It was put on by the FBC. Taking it one chapter at at time and do the small activity suggestions at the end of each chapter. It is a great book and anyone that feels they want to learn about how people "live" with a child that has a disability I would recommend it. It is VERY helpful in understanding why we feel the way we do. Maybe it will give people some insight into who I am.


Anyway, I just finished Chapter one and the activity it has you do is list five things that your child has done this week that made you smile. So I thought I would list them here.
1. Just saying his name makes me smile. Honestly, I can't go a day or a minute when I am with him and I can't help but smile when he is there.
2. Watching him try REALLY hard to change the DVD's himself. He doesn't get them in the "hole" but he tries so hard and is so proud when he changes it.
3. When Barney pops up on the screen he gasps. Then he crawls over and gasps either at my feet or at my bed or wherever I am. It's like he is telling me look mom .. its Barney. I have to say Is that Barney Tyler before he will go back to the movie.
4. Swimming. Although he was pretty crabby that day he was still oh so cute!!
5. Standing in his room after I get home from work to check if he is still breathing. Just standing there watching him. He is the sweetest most amazing little boy.

No comments: